Pro-Life Egg Challenge
What is the Pro-Life Egg Challenge?
The Pro-Life Egg Challenge is an attempt to raise awareness and funds to support pregnancy resource centers as alternatives to Planned Parenthood.
This challenge is not a "holier than thou" snub at women that are currently pregnant without support or against women that have had abortions. We have friends and family that have been in challenging situations from unplanned pregnancies. Women are not hopeless! In any circumstance women need unbiased care and compassion, both of which Planned Parenthood has lost credibility to offer. Let's do something about it!
How do I participate in the Pro-Life Egg Challenge?
1. ACCEPT: Accept the challenge;
2. RECORD: Take a video of you or others smashing an egg over your head to increase awareness;
3. UPLOAD: Upload your video to social media, tagging/challenging at least three of your friends;
4. GIVE: Make a donation to a pregnancy resource center or home for single mothers. You can donate money, gifts, or volunteer your time. Find one near you here.
How did the Pro-Life Egg Challenge start?
Undercover investigator David Daleiden has shared four (so far!) undercover graphic videos of Planned Parenthood leaders talking about harvesting fetal tissue for financial gain and some showing the process of selecting organs and limbs of a post-aborted baby. The videos have been accused of being edited to trap Planned Parenthood but the content is the same in the full length videos. In one video they even identified the gender of one baby. A boy! May his short life not be in vain. I have decided to not share the videos here because of their graphic content. If you would like to view the undercover videos click to see number one, two, three, and four.
I have seen requests for people to sign petitions and letters to defund Planned Parenthood. 48% of their funding comes from tax payers. There has to be something more that we can do.
One year ago Facebook was filled with 17 million videos of kids and adults pouring buckets of ice water over their heads raising awareness and donations for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was a trend in social media unseen like anything else before.
What if we could do something on a similar scale to the ALS challenge that can offer direction to women in need? a guilt-free future for herself? a life for her baby?
There have been over 58 MILLION abortions in the US since 1973: Roe vs Wade. In one year there are at least 300,000 abortions performed by Planned Parenthood. Our challenge is to match that number with the amount of Pro-Life Egg Challenge videos from those that support babies lives at all stages. Life begins at conception. The egg is either fertilized or it is not!
Will you submit a video and give a voice to one of the 300,000 voices unheard from this year?
Besides sharing the video what are other ways I can help?
1. Find a Pregnancy Resource Center to donate your time, money, or gifts to. Often, those that are pro-life are criticized for not having realistic solutions for women's health as an alternative to Planned Parenthood. If Planned Parenthood goes, where do women go? Time to put money where our mouth is. Join me in finding health centers that support life from conception and direct our money to them instead.
Women that are single and pregnant may feel guilty, afraid, lonely, and defensive. What we say online and in person has an impact on how they view Jesus. We should be a safe-place for them and shame on us for not doing a better job listening and supporting them.
Other ideas include: homes for single moms like New Beginnings help women finish their education and get an established job, help a Mobile Pregnancy Resource Center Clinic campaign, or the Open Ultrasound program for pregnancy centers in need of ultrasound equipment.
2. Do not be silent. Give voice to the unborn! Those that are for abortion seem to be in the majority. The media may ignore the issue in favor of Cecil the African lion. The President may choose to not watch the videos. It can be intimidating to even think of sharing a social media post in defense of the unborn. Our friends may not agree! They may not like us anymore. We may feel uncomfortable.
What is more uncomfortable? Feeling the push back from our social media friends or watching the video where true innocent lives are being pulled apart limb by limb? That baby was more uncomfortable than any of us. That baby didn't have a choice but we have a choice to speak up for them in their place. We are responsible to do something!
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
3. Send a letter, an email, or call your state's two senators here.
5. Consider foster care or adoption. "In the U.S. there are over 400,000 children living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted." Source: AFCARS Report, No. 21
You can do a great deal of research on the internet, but we found the best way to find out more was to go to an informational meeting. You can find these through your local Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) in your county. These meetings give a good overview of what foster care is, what the different types of foster care are and what the next step in the process would be. For more information about getting started, read here.
6. Talk about sex with your daughters AND sons. Even when we don't expect a pregnancy, babies are not a punishment. How would the following impact a teen's attitude towards unplanned pregnancies?
"Don't have sex before marriage because you will get pregnant. If you have a baby you can't finish school. How are you going to work and support the baby? Consider your life over if you get pregnant!" Talking this way to sons and daughters makes a baby seem like a punishment and a hopeless future.
My mom was a teen mom. Far away from home and at seventeen she married my dad, gave birth to my brother and had my sister a year and half later. She did not finish high school but earned her GED later. She worked hard to help support us and still obtain her goals. My mom built her way up the mechanical engineering field starting from the factory floor, owned her own business, has her master's degree in education, and is a mentor to teen girls and boys as a high school STEM teacher. I am incredibly proud and honored to call her mom.
I have grown up with children being described as a blessing, a gift, a treasure. My mom chose the way that wasn't easy but the way that was right. She has been rewarded. She is a mother to three and a grandmother to six.
What would happen if your daughter got pregnant? Does she know that you would be supportive of her and the baby? Will your son have a say in seeing his child ever? Can they trust your reaction so that they can come to you instead of thinking they have to solve the "problem" on their own? You may not be able to control the world or even your own child but we can control how we respond to challenges. With judgment alone? or with grace?
7. Do not be overcome by evil. But overcome evil with good.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12: 17-21
If Planned Parenthood can't be responsible we should be! Mothers and their unborn babies' futures depend on it.
Will you submit a video and give a voice to one of the 300,000 baby voices unheard from this year?