Crockpot Cranberry Applesauce
Top them apples with some cinnamon, coconut oil, maple syrup and cranberries and it almost smells like Christmas. Maybe throw some pecans in the oven and light a balsam fir scented candle. There. That smell.
The recipe really couldn't be much simpler.
- 4 granny smith apples
- 4 red delicious apples
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 bag of cranberries - approximately a pound
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Core the apples. Peal only if your family has texture sensitivities - but if you have a Vitamix blender no need.
- Dump half the apples in a greased crockpot (I just smear a bit of the coconut oil all over it before I dump).
- Pour cranberries over the apples.
- Squeeze half the lemon over that.
- Dump the rest of the apples over that.
- Sqeeze the other half of the lemon on the apples.
- Pour maple syrup over fruit,
- Dollop the coconut oil around the top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Cool slightly and then blend in a blender until smooth and creamy.
Click here to print the recipe!