We love encouraging women online but we know there is deep value in meeting face-to-face. It may not always be easy to prioritize time to get together but it is so worth it. Welcome to Holy Hen House local meetups!
It is our hope that Holy Hen House local meetups may:
- strengthen relationships with our Savior
- create a local community of like-minded women of faith
- reach out to women in our communities who are are in need of support and Christian friendship
Did you know that Holy Hen House stemmed from a weekly Bible study that met in our homes? It did! As we thought more of our values we realized that they came from our small group that met regularly. It is there we shared the gift of God's Word, discipled, mentored, supported each other in prayer, and formed a sisterhood in Jesus that is priceless. We can't wait for you to be mutually blessed!
Get connected! Join a Holy Hen House local meetup!
Manitowoc (Meetup 1) (Meetup 2)
Can't find a Holy Hen House local meetup near you?
Consider starting one yourself OR contact us with your location and we will seek out women who may lead in your area.
Interested in starting up a Holy Hen House local meetup? Fill out the form below!
We will send you a leadership guide to help plan and facilitate a local meetup.
Further Q + A:
Where do the local meetups happen?
Meetups can take place in a coffee shop, bookstore, or even in your homes. Please use common sense for safety and only give your contact information to those you trust.
How often do the local meetups get together?
It is up to each individual local meetup if they want to meet once a month or more than that. The groups should commit to meeting at least once a month.
How do the local meetups communicate?
Each Holy Hen House local meetup will have its own private Facebook group that will be managed by the group leader. Meetup locations and time information will be shared there.
Do we have to use Holy Hen House resources at the meetups?
No, but you most certainly can! Feel free to use other biblically accurate studies, create your own (great learning!), or we suggest that you choose a book of the Bible and read it verse by verse. The idea is to get into God's word together and not necessarily read what others have to say about God's word. God will give you the wisdom!
Should I stop going to my church's Bible study?
No! Our meetups are not to take place of ministry that is already offered at your church. However, as we have experienced, sometimes attending Bible study on Sundays with little ones is a challenge or Bible study may be scheduled while you work. Holy Hen House Local meetups are an additional resource and not a replacement.
What if I have questions about my faith or teachings of the Bible?
- Having questions is a sign of growth and learning. Don't be shy!
- Ask God in prayer to reveal His truth to you in the Word.
- Scripture interprets scripture! Look up related sections in other areas of the Bible by following cross references.
- Keep God's word in context. Don't try to apply meaning to a passage other than that intended. Find the BIG picture of Jesus in the message.
- Make use of mature Christian friends or pastors as a resource for direction and help.