Being grateful for the people in our lives and the stuff that we have is great BUT if we aren't giving thanks to the One who gave us those things - we don't really understand Thanksgiving.
Can you imagine the first Thanksgiving on American soil? Even before the Pilgrims arrived to America they had a lot of obstacles. They endured large hardships including hunger, illness, and death as they tried to adapt to their new world.
Remember Squanto? Native Americans were a great help to the Pilgrims. After the Pilgrims and the Native Americans had a successful harvest they celebrated with a three-day feast praising God. They thanked God in times of need and in times of plenty!
During the month of November, let's fill social media not just with general thanksgivings towards objects or people but with praise specifically to God!
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
How does the challenge work?
- Every day in November we will post on our Grateful to God Challenge Facebook group, Instagram, + Twitter. The graphic will include a word that inspires your gratitude like the one directly above.
- You can comment on the thread with a grateful comment, a Bible passage, or share an image that you believe captures your gratitude based on the word from that day.
- Use #GratefulToGodChallenge so we can see all the praise across social media!
- Each week, we will randomly choose a winner from the comments across social media to win a giveaway!
How do you join?
- Click the "Join" button at the top of the Grateful to God Challenge Facebook group.
To the right of that button is the "Share" button. Want to see what your friends and family are grateful for too? Want to have a partner in the challenge? Add them as members to the challenge as well and don't forget to tell them how grateful you are for them too. :)